The businesswoman is one of the best wine producers in Portugal, with her Herdade da Malhadinha Nova. She divides her days between Alentejo and Algarve and knows everything about both regions.
But the most important is that she is the mother of five! And no one better than her to give tips on what to do with the little ones:
Start by choosing a hotel with a good kid’s club. Suggestion: Martinhal Sagres (West Route), Vila Vita Parc (Center Route) and Conrad (Center Route). All of them offer a great structure for the kids. Clubs for every ages, your kids will not find a flaw. Super-careful monitors and various activities: your kid will have fun from start to finish.
Zoomarine (Centre Route): An ocean of fun at more than 18 hectares. This theme park reunites entertainment, artificial beach, 4D cinema, pirate show, snack bars, observation zones and interaction with animals such as dolphins, seals, sea lions and many other ocean species.
– Address: Km 65, Guia, 8201-864, Albufeira; opening hours: 10:00 to 19:30; phone: +351 289 560 300.
Krazy World (Centre Route): Take your morning to take the little ones to this zoo, which reunites from goats to exotic species of monkeys. But the fun goes beyond that: slides and pools, children’s shows, tree climbing, mini-golf and karts.
– Address: Lagoa de Viseu, Estrada Algoz-Messines, Algoz; opening hours: 10:00 to 18:00; phone: +351 282 574 134.
Zoo de Lagos (West Route): It is time to meet those animals that usually the kids only see in the books. A beautiful group of mammals, birds and reptiles that recently became even larger with the birth of two lynx cubs and the arrival of three new animals: a male black stork, a male scops owl and a male of squirrel monkeys.
– Address: 8600-013, Barão de São João, Lagos; opening hours: 10:00 às 19:30; phone: +351 282 680 100.
Parque da Mina (West Route): An old-fashioned park: without rollercoasters and big slides, the goal is to know some of the traditional activities of the region and to understand the way of life of a few centuries ago. The visits counts on a disabled mine of ore extraction, recreation of a strawberry tree distillery and a coal mine; a wine-growing estate with more than one hundred animals among birds, ponies and dwarf goats and an 18th century dwelling, furnished to its original patterns.
– Address: CCI 117 – Vale de Boi, Caldas de Monchique; opening hours: 10:00 to 19:00 (between November and March it is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays); phone: +351 962 079 408.
Aldeia da Pedralva/Pizza Pazza (West Route): A village lost in nature inhabited by friendly locals and a community of sheeps. Go there until the end of the day so that you still have time to see the small animals. Dinner is in the village, at the Pazza, one of Algarve’s best pizzas.
– Address: Rua de Baixo, Casa da Pedralva, Aldeia da Pedralva, 8650-401, Vila do Bispo; opening hours: 18:00 to 00:00; phone +351 282 639 342.
Family Golf Park (Centre Route): In a place with more than 40 golf courses, mini-golf for the kids could not be missing. Here, the courses have two routes with 18 holes. “Ancient Rome” is the theme with huge replicas and historical contents along the routes.
– Address: Rua dos Marmeleiros, 8125-497, Vilamoura; opening hours: 10:00 to 18:00; phone: +351 289 300 800.